Wednesday 25 July 2018

Romeo & Juliet: Initial Tests #4-6

So here are a few more experiments that I've done. For all of these I kept in the spotlight with some atmosphere as I felt it gave it some nice ambience. For the first test I actually re-used some texture maps from the ice texture I created in Substance Designer. I also altered the temperature of the lighting so the overall feel is cool/monochromatic.

#4

#4

For this test I searched for some marble textures online then altered them in Photoshop so they were tile-able. I played around more with the angle of the camera and spotlight and I think the second image of this test is really interesting. I may render out an animated version of this to see how the low angle and light rays look with animated camera movement and geometry.

#5

#5

Since I liked the low angle I also experimented with it using a random combination of aiStandardSurface presets. I also altered the lighting slightly so it was cooler than test #5 (where temperature was turned off). I quite like this result as there is a slight reflectivity to the triangles.

#6

#6

No comments:

Post a Comment