Thursday 21 June 2018

When: Possible Meat Animation Tweak Tests (Feedback Appreciated)

Once I had a gap of free time, I decided I wanted to experiment with ways I could possibly enhance my meat entity based on feedback I received on my project. I'm unsure if I will or can implement these changes for New Designers as that depends on feedback to these tests as well as if I can get Conductor working...but even if they are possible tweaks for the future overall I wanted to do some experimenting.

I want to do a low quality test render of both the 'meat' shot as well as the 'rotting' shot just to be sure I'm not using up money unnecessarily. To create this animation I brought the height map into After Effects and created an Adjustment Layer with a 'Brightness/Contrast' effect applied. I then created a mask, changed some of the settings and animated it so it moved down the orb (#1). 

I felt #2 was too subtle but for #3 I created two animated layers so I could have more of a gradient. For #3 I also decided to tweak the coat and specularity settings so it appears more slimy like it does in the 'rotting' shot. Out of these three tests I like #3 the most.

#1

#1 Animated Height Map

#2

#3




1 comment:

  1. For feedback: The texture is very good, very grotesque, I feel that video number 1 has the right "flow" to it

    ReplyDelete