Sunday 3 June 2018

When: Additional 'Art Of' Pages & Projection Footage Brick Tests

After recieving feedback for my Major Project, I decided to return to my Art Of and add in a few more pages to conclude the document better. I decided to add two pages of statistics about Eating Disorders since I want people to have more information about it. I tried to include a range of statistics about the various Eating Disorders and how they affect different genders, sexuality, races, and so on. Despite it being an abstract project, I still want to ensure I have real life woven into it...so I think it's useful to have those statistics available for people to see after going through the Art Of. I also added a short concluding statement which is an excerpt from my 'filmmaker statement' that I've been using to submit to film festivals as well as a 'special thanks' section. I hope this wraps up my Art Of better than it had previously.





In my feedback it was also suggested I experiment with adding my brick displacement onto the geometry I used for my projection footage. For some reason the displacement on the plane was being very fiddly, but I'm experimenting with a few ways of achieving what I want. I tried to have the bricks be very subtle since I only want there to be a hint of them. The first test I did the bricks were straight - in my room all of the bricks are distorted because of the UV map. I then went into Photoshop and morphed the height map so I could imitate the distorted bricks. I still need to tweak the texture because some of the settings (ex. specularity) is not the same as my original brick texture...so that may further improve the look. I'm going to continue experimenting and see what I can do with it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment