Monday 24 July 2017

YPGTTO: The Harp, Cello, & Viola Districts - Digital Sets

Over the last few days I've been to work on a few different sets for YPGTTO. I was asked to tweak The Harp District (initial established set by Jack White) as needed for the purpose of pre-vis and so on (here is the textured version).



I did a similar task of augmentation and extra population for The Cello District (initially established by Peta-Gaye Brown). The Cello District is probably my favourite district, so I'm very glad I got to help out a bit with this one. It was already textured while I was working on it so seeing the colours rather than all grey was refreshing.





Finally, before having to flip to The Harp & Cello Districts, I was working on The Viola District. I spent time modelling and figuring out the basin of terraces needed to house the buildings. It took some trial and error to get the scale right and a good amount of levels/platforms. I then had to edit the centre pillar so it wasn't so stubby. I also had to figure out 'wire-waterfalls' for this district, which was a bit of a challenge. In the end, with the addition of some horizontal pegs, I think the wire-waterfalls look quite nice. Now that the buildings are in place as well this district is ready to be textured, and I'm excited to see it colourful and full of life.




No comments:

Post a Comment