Saturday 8 October 2016

Character: Cat Studies

My struggles with getting Maya 2016 Extension 2 have continued, so I decided to return to my character project and do some cat studies. Since I have more experience and am more comfortable drawing dogs, I thought it might be a good idea to do some more realistic cat portraits to get the hang of drawing them. My first few attempts looked odd since I can't remember ever trying to draw a cat before. I started to get the hang of it later on. I think I'll continue to do some different breed studies for both cats and dogs then I'll begin breaking them down into more simple shapes to stylise them.


At the moment I think cats with more angular faces will fit my cat character more so than some of the rounder faced ones. I will continue to do some studies and write up more about my characters to help me decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment