Thursday 19 October 2017

Autodesk Maya: Arnold - Depth of Field, Atmosphere, & Standard Surface

Here are a few renders from the last two Maya lessons. We've continued to work in Arnold using both Maya 2017 and now 2018. In 2017 we experimented with Depth of Field and Atmosphere...I really enjoyed playing with Atmosphere and I hope to use it in future projects because I really like the effect it gives. I found Depth of Field useful and easy, although I feel like I'd prefer to render this out as a separate pass just so I can control it better. I really enjoyed using the Arnold's Standard Surface shader in Maya 2018 - it was really easy to get nice looking results very quickly. I think this again could be useful for my Minor/Major project depending on what direction I go in.



No comments:

Post a Comment