Wednesday 29 November 2017

Minor Project: Experimenting with The Environment - Materials/Textures #1

After some feedback I received on Monday I decided to experiment with different textures for the environment. The idea is that the 'non-space' and the materials/textures that are applied to it should also be of some significance to me even if the audience doesn't quite know what that significance is. For this particular test I tried some white bricks as it reminded me of the hospital and my old high school. There were several other brick/tile textures that I liked so I plan to experiment with those as well.



I also tried seeing how the space would be if it was brighter, but I found if I made it too bright of a white space - the projection would be very difficult to see. I'm not sure if in Arnold (as this was done in Mental Ray) I'd be able to better adjust this due to the range of settings on the light itself and the different light filters so I'll need to experiment with that. Overall, I really like how the environment looks in this test rather than the plain black space and I also liked playing with the rotation of the room/camera.

I used the animation that I made of the crystal for this particular projection, and I applied a glass shared onto the orb to see what it would look like. I do feel in this test that the orb disappears a little bit (which in some cases may be useful) but I wish I had added some additional lights to give the orb some highlights to pick it out more.



No comments:

Post a Comment