Wednesday 18 October 2017

Minor Project: Influences & Related Imagery

Between working on YPGTTO, I've been trying to look at imagery so I can hopefully get a better idea of what I'd like my animation to possibly be. Some of these videos include some films and artists that I find interesting. I've come across work by Murat Pak that I found to be very interesting. I liked how simplistic, 'clean', and realistic yet slightly unsettling these animations are. 

Resonance: "Recreation" from Pak on Vimeo.

Some of the films I found most interesting was a series called 'The Node' - each version has the same footage but different audio/music artists responded to it. Some of my favourites include Reality Eight, Reality Seven, and Reality Three. I think that this is an interesting approach to this film because each film has a very different feel and that is all dependent on the sound. I enjoyed Reality Eight because of the spoken words, I enjoyed the music in Reality Seven, but I felt the most emotional impact from the sound in Reality Three.




I've also tried looking at some other videos that is just stock footage/imagery related to my phrase list. I'm hoping to use these images to eventually put together a sort of pre-vis for my animation. I've been looking at some images and videos of things such as pufferfish, spines, autumn leaves, slugs, sugar and so on. I wonder if it may be interesting to incorporate some live action footage into my animation in some way...but for the CGI elements I do think it would be a good idea to keep it simplistic and clean so it is hopefully more impactful





No comments:

Post a Comment