Tuesday 7 August 2018

Romeo & Juliet: Initial Tests #7-9

I meant to post this earlier but I've been busy both travelling around the US and preparing for SIGGRAPH. Here are some more tests that I've done for Romeo & Juliet. I mostly played around with the idea of a glittery car paint-like texture and experimenting with altering the shape of the pyramids.

#7

#7

#7


I spent some time experimenting with textures similar to glittery car paint. I worked with aiFlakes to create this effect, but after my initial test I had to update Maya since I didn't seem to have the same settings/options as what I read on the Autodesk site. Test #7 is with the non-updated version of Maya and Test #8 has the updated and improved settings. I also tested out some animation to see how the glitter would look when it moved. I think #8 looks much better probably due to the different settings I had access to when I updated Maya. I also added some motion blur to test #8 to see if it'd enhance the animation slightly.

#8

#8

#8


For test #9 I decided to try out putting a displacement map onto the simulation just to see what would happen. Depending on the iterations and the height, I got some interesting results. The base texture was a simple shiny dark grey material. I may experiment a bit more with displacement maps just to see if I can get it to do any other interesting shapes/morphs. I did not really animate the displacement settings so I'm unsure how this would affect the animation or if I could get it to morph from the triangles into other shapes or not. I added motion blur to this test as well.

#9

#9

#9

1 comment:

  1. Titanium Gold Cartridge | TITanium Arts
    This Titanium Gold Cartridge is the perfect product to replace your microtouch titanium trim walmart classic cartridge cases, or garmin fenix 6x pro solar titanium even add to titanium mesh old ones. TITanium-arts samsung titanium watch is proud to $1.80 · oakley titanium glasses ‎In stock

    ReplyDelete