Friday 24 November 2017

Minor Project: EKG Wires Test #1

For this test I wanted to see what options I may have for the phrase 'When I see hospitals I feel wires'. When this phrase came to my mind as I was answering the 'When I see hospitals' prompt - I was thinking of the EKG (Electrocardiogram) tests I had to do while I was in the hospital every few days. I wanted the wires to grow out of the electrodes because I felt this made them feel more invasive which resonates with how I felt about them.

I quickly modelled the electrodes, so they aren't perfect but I hope they get the idea across. I then drew curves along the floor plane and adjusted them so if they overlap, one of the wires would go over the other. I then created a NURBS circle and extruded it along with curve so I could animate how far along the curve it was. I think it's an interesting experiment, and it may be interesting to see if I could do more with the shape the wires take using the curves to direct them. This was rendered in Mental Ray for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment