Sunday 5 November 2017

YPGTTO: Composited Shots #1

I've been working on compositing some of the different districts in YPGTTO. I've found it very enjoyable to be putting all of the pieces together - I love being able to see how everyone's hard work merges together. I've so far completed the Flute, Clarinet, Oboe, Bassoon, Violin, Double Bass, and Harp districts. The Horn District is nearly complete then I'm onto the Trumpet, Tuba/Trombone districts, and the Finale. Here is a selection of some of the shots I've put together so far.










 

Each district and shot required different components and techniques in AE - some shots such as The Flute District required lots of clouds for Red to fall through while the Clarinet District needed smoke puffs to come out of the buildings. The Bassoon District had crowds and the transition between the Bassoon and Violin District was a challenge to get seamless as it was made in two different digital sets. In the Double Bass District I had to animate lights on Red as the power cables flickered and the Horn District called for an animated light in the sky. Overall I'm very happy with how these shots are looking and I cannot wait to see the final film.

1 comment: