Sunday 26 November 2017

Minor Project: Projection Test #1

After the feedback I received during the interim crit I decided to reach out to my family in an attempt to collect a range of photographs and footage that I could use in my project. I'm lucky because my sister, who lives in Vermont (where the phrases about snow and autumn leaves mostly originate from) enjoys taking time lapse videos as she goes on hikes. She also has some good videos relating to all of us as a family. For this test, I decided to use some videos she took while hiking in the woods during the autumn season.

This first test I created a dome and added a new lambert and plugged in a file as a projection texture. I then changed the projection from planar to spherical so it would fill in the dome correctly. I added a reflective surface onto the sphere and had it shrink as it was deformed using a wave deformer. In AE I then adjusted the colour, added a vignette, and some film grain. I like the result of this, but I feel the dome encasing the surroundings completely may be too overwhelming (especially when using video footage) and may require more negative/empty space to get across the idea that it is a mental space filled with memories.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment