Thursday 21 April 2016

Fantastic Voyage: New Texture Maps/Glow Maps

I decided to delete the spheres I modeled for the lights and texture them on instead as they weren't co-operating with the rivets very well and I didn't want to waste too much time trying to perfect them. Alan told me about glow maps, so I tried to read a bit about it and I'm not sure if I did it right. I made a black and white texture with the lights white and the rest of the body black then plugged it into the Incandescence slot. I tried adding it to the glow slot too as I saw in some tutorials online but I didn't like the effect so I made a glow render layer instead since I'm not sure how else I could make a subtle glow that doesn't spread too much and doesn't drastically increase my render time.







No comments:

Post a Comment