Tuesday 19 April 2016

Fantastic Voyage: Skinning Progress

After talking with Alan today and getting some advice, I think I'm finally making progress skinning my bacteria. I need to use rivets to keep things like the teeth, eyes and spines in place after using a high poly duplicate of my creature as a base that will later be hidden and my original model will be used to animate. So far things are sticking in the right places, I've also merged the spines and the flesh around the spines together so I hopefully only need to rivet a single object instead of two separate ones but we'll see how those work out. It's a repetitive long process and it took me a while to get the hang of it, but I think I get it and it seems to be working so far.

3 comments:

  1. Pleased to hear it - check your email :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    There is no need to use rivets for the eyes and teeth. They can just be parented to the closest/ relevant joints. Eg - Lower teeth to the lower jaw and so on. The Rivets are just used for the spikes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think I was just looking at it for so long I forgot...I had to redo it anyway because I did something funny with the meshes - I must have not copied them properly. I've remade it and things are working ok so far. Thank you again for helping!

      Delete