Tuesday 12 April 2016

Fantastic Voyage: Kelp Swaying Test & Kelp Model Opinions Please

After I modeled one of the pieces of kelp (I'll probably duplicate one and create a few variations before combining them) and added a sine deformer to it to give it the swaying effect I was looking for. I think I need to slow it down a bit but I like how it's looking so far. I'm considering going back to my model and taking away some of the leaves and making the remaining leaves longer so they're less fern-like and I think I might move around some of the vertices so they aren't completely straight (although I tested this out with this current model and with the sine deformer it looked odd). Any opinions about how the model looks at the minute/any suggestions would be appreciated.


1 comment:

  1. The model works but see if you can't make the sway a little less aggressive, maybe make all the kelp this aggressive towards the end to make the presence of the leviathan more intimidating, but as an ambiance animation keep it peaceful until then.

    ReplyDelete