Monday 11 December 2017

Minor Project: Displacement Map Animation & Animated Label Test

After this experiment, I wanted to see how animated displacement maps would look. I quickly set up this scene using the tiles from a previous experiment (for some odd reason they rendered wrong) as well as a spot light with some atmosphere so the light rays were visible. I attached a noise node into the displacement of the sphere and animated different values. I wasn't really sure what results I would have until it rendered, but I think they look really interesting and I want to experiment with it more.



I also took the labels I began making and I tried to apply it to this test. Since the values were animated, I added a slider control to the numbers and changed the expression slightly so there were more decimal values visible when the numbers were animated. These numbers are not the real values that I used in Maya - when I decided to add this I didn't have access to Arnold so I couldn't check what the real numbers were.

1 comment: