Monday 25 December 2017

Minor Project: Skin Displacement Attributes/Height Map Animation Test

After experimenting with inverting the height  map in my last experiment, I decided to go into After Effects and morph the original height map with an inverted version. I then brought this into Maya and ticked off 'image sequence' so the map was animated. I also then animated the height channel in the Displacement Attributes. I found this made the orb appear as if it was pulsating/beating/breathing as the orb's pore-like structures turned into bumps. I found this test very interesting and fun to see the results, and I think I may play more with changing the displacement textures in After Effects to see what I can do with it. I may also see how I can change/animate the other texture maps that affect the underlying layers of the skin (radius).



No comments:

Post a Comment