Friday 22 December 2017

Minor Project: Inverted Room Test #2 (Rounded Corners & UV Distortion)

After some feedback, I returned to my inverted room and tried to soften the edges of the room. I tried doing this several different ways, but this was the best result that I had. I struggled to get the UV's right, since if they aren't all one piece the seams are very noticeable even if I make sure the shells line up right. So, I decided to play around with the UV's a bit since I actually thought some of the distortion looked interesting. Here is the result, I also turned on some reflections on the texture and I think that improves the appearance too. I actually quite like how the distorted tiles/bricks look, although the UV's on the wall behind the camera are very wrong and messed up. I may experiment more with this and see what I can do both in terms of rounding off the edges of the room and playing with the UV's. 




No comments:

Post a Comment