Wednesday 6 December 2017

Minor Project: Experimenting with Emission & Adjusting Shaders (Mila Material)

After some feedback on my ice material, I started looking at some ways I could brighten it up or give it some sort of 'inner glow' feel. I'm not sure if these results are too stylised, but I wanted to experiment with it anyway. For this test I used the Mila Material in Mental Ray, so I'm unsure if this will be useful overall other than just experimenting with what look may be worth exploring since the Mila Material isn't in Arnold.

I mostly wanted to experiment with emission which is an option in the Mila Material layering system. First I just added the diffuse and normal map, I then experimented with the emission by plugging in my diffuse image into the colour option and adjusting the weight and intensity. After that I also used my roughness file to plug into a glossy reflection layer. I think these results are interesting, although not necessarily realistic...but having a slight light emitting from the materials may not be a bad thing.


Diffuse Only

Diffuse & Normal Map

Default Emission Settings (Weight - 1, Intensity - 10)

Adjusted Emission (Weight - 0.7, Intensity - 3)

Glossy Reflection

No comments:

Post a Comment