Friday 16 March 2018

Major Project: Skin Animation Tests #7-11 & Scene Cleanup

Finally I think I managed to tweak the animation enough that I am happy with it. I liked how #7 turned out, but I wanted to add a little more movement to make sure it still feels 'floaty', so I animated the roll attribute on the camera so it rotates slightly in #8. 





I did notice that the breath animation stopped around frame 345 (when you can see the entire orb) so I investigated and discovered one of my keyframes had been deleted by accident. I added in the keyframe again the orb animates all the way to frame 400. I quickly rendered out the end of the animation (#9) so I could be 100% sure that everything was working the way that I wanted it to. I tested out a few other slight variations but I think I still prefer #9 the most.







I then went to cleaning up the scene so it wasn't as grainy. Like the sponge, I tried out a few frames although I didn't need to worry as much about the lights or shadows being grainy since they aren't really visible in this shot. I did test one close-up of the skin and one frame at the end of the animation where the walls are more visible to ensure everything looked right.



I did notice some odd colouration in the close up frame that looks almost pixelated. I'm not sure what would be causing this, since the only map I used for this texture was the displacement map and I made sure it was a large map. I'm not overly concerned about it, as I think it still gets the idea of skin across and it'll be less noticeable when it's moving and motion blur is added. I could also play with more heavy blurring effects overall with this shot if I feel it needs it. This may be something to investigate later and fix if I have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment