Thursday 29 March 2018

Major Project: Snowfall & Soap Bubbles Composites

Here are a few more shots that are finished rendering. This snow scene, as I mentioned in a previous post, may be replaced by a 'snowball' shot rather than the shot below. I do like how the render came out, but I'm unsure if it is too soon to break away from the pattern of the sphere entities when I discuss my family and snow. Either way, the snowfall scene is one of my several options for this part of my film.


Below are three of the soap bubble scenes that I created. One shot (version 002) is still missing a few frames for the room pass as it was the only one that had camera movement. That one should be done soon, but I wanted to share the other versions anyway. Again I'm glad I spent some extra time on the soap bubble texture, the liquid animation is subtle but is a nice detail if you notice it.

Original Version
Version 001
Version 003

Excluding the last soap bubble shot, the 'snowball' shot, and any live footage re-filming I'm pretty sure all of my major shots are rendered and have a basic composite file set up so I can just go back and tweak them to ensure they are consistent. I'm relieved that I managed to get all of these shots rendered in time. Seeing the high render times for some of the scenes made me quite nervous but I think planning and keeping track of everything using diagrams and charts really helped me stay on top of things.








1 comment:

  1. I think the snow fall sequence is going to work very nicely, Dee - it's nice that these more hopeful/peaceful sections are not associated with those ominous entities I think...

    ReplyDelete