I started to make sketches of the side view of the bacteria. I decided to have three different versions, so they aren't all the same. These are also going to be the mutated bacteria (in Act II), after I finish the front, top and bottom views I will work backwards and remove one of the two eyes and some spines to make the bacteria for Act I. These are not done/fully touched up, once I sketch the other views I'll remake them in Illustrator or Sketchbook Pro to make them cleaner. They look a bit silly like this, in all of my concept art they are twisting/turning/swimming but I figured having them straight would make them easier to model and I can move their bodies to animate later on.