Monday 12 February 2018

Major Project: Needles Animation Test #1

Similar to my bone/vertebrae texture, I returned to my needle texture so I could begin creating some shots for my pre-vis. In this particular shot, I also animated the brick displacement slightly so it looked like it was breathing. I kept this very subtle, though, since the main focus was meant to be the needles. Unlike my gem texture, I did not want the needles to jut out suddenly at the camera, but to creep in from the corner of your eye until it dominates the view. 


The reason for this is because for me, needles should be more creeping and invading. I don't have a fear of needles, but during my time in the hospital I had to get blood taken frequently, often several days in the same few spots, making them feel invasive and like they were looming over my day. This is why I wanted them to creepily appear from the corner of your eye, then take over the shot with the room blurring as the camera focuses in on the points of the needle. I'm quite happy with this shot, although the z-depth pass didn't come out exactly the way that I wanted. Next time I may also play with having the bricks distort/breathe more noticeably. 

Final Shot Frame (with VFX)

Raw vs VFX & Color Correction

1 comment: