Monday 12 February 2018

Major Project: nCloth Silk Tests Continued II

I've continued working on my nCloth silk tests. After getting more feedback, I tried to make the fabric have some sort of movement before getting blown away by the wind. I found this very difficult to achieve, I tried several types of fields/solvers to try and get this right. I found that it'd completely alter where the fabric would go later on in the simulation, so I wasn't able to achieve exactly what I had in my previous test. I ended up using a combination of a vortex field and settings on the wind/gravity to get subtle waves in the fabric. 

However, since the lights are on the ceiling (in this test I have them slightly angled though) it was very hard to see the waves. Since for this test I angled the lights, I'll need to see how it'd look in Arnold with the actual lights. These two tests were my most successful ones, although I still like my previous test too.





2 comments:

  1. I think that subtle shimmer lifts the 'thereness' nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay good! I think the silk will look better/lighter once I bring it into Arnold and light the scene correctly as well :) or it should at least.

      Delete