Tuesday 20 February 2018

Major Project: Static Animation Update

After making my pre-vis and watching it over a few times, I wrote some notes on what scenes needed updating and which ones felt more completed. Some of the shots that needed serious updating include static and wires, so for now I focused on static since I'm not completely sure what I'm going to do for wires just yet. I reused the camera and orb animation I created a while ago for some of my projection tests, only I applied a surface shader onto the orb and rendered it separately from the environment so I could then apply some TV static footage to that layer in After Effects. 

I then added some internal shadowing to make the orb seem a little less flat. I also created glitch distortion using Fractal Noise and adjusting some settings, then plugging that into a Displacement Map effect that I placed on the orb. This allowed me to break apart the orb so it felt more like it was glitching and agitated. I also added some motion blur, vignetting, and film grain on top. In this scene I also have the additional 5th light and the bricks are animated to 'breathe'. 


No comments:

Post a Comment