Tuesday 6 February 2018

Major Project: Pre-Vis & Live Footage Distortion VFX

I've been putting together a full 'pre-vis' of my film using images, render tests, and live footage I've been creating and gathering over the last few months. This way I am able to see what I am missing, what I have accomplished, what I want to work on/improve, and hopefully it will clarify my film a bit more for the music composer I am collaborating with (Bruce Reid). There are some scrappy portions of my pre-vis since I am missing pieces, some of my objects/materials are still images, and some of my tests are not in my final room set. I am finding making a pre-vis useful because it's helping me consider what I can do to fill in some parts of my film and tie it together (especially considering some more abstract lines of the poem)...for example, using animations focusing on the hospital room itself/the lights. Once I put together an initial full pre-vis I will post it up on my blog.

I've been going through a bunch of photos and videos sent to me by my sister and father back in America. I've been trying to consider how each piece could fit into my film in a personal/truthful way. For example, for When I think of my family I see scars I've used a video my sister took while at the airport, which to me relates to the guilt and conflict I feel about living in England vs America in relation to my family. This live footage I've been importing into After Effects so I can play with different distortion effects. I really enjoy the VR Digital Glitch effects how it distorts the color and pixels. I feel it has some interesting, abstract results. 





No comments:

Post a Comment