Wednesday 14 February 2018

Major Project: The Room Playblasts & Animation #2

I've continued to work on some playblasts of my room set. I tried to be sure that my playblasts feature the entirety of the room, so each detail (the doorways, bed, and window) is seen at some point in the film. Since the room itself doesn't feature much, I feel more free to use the camera creatively (such as playing with the focal length or having some unusual angles) to try and ensure the shots are interesting even if they are somewhat simple, which I find really fun.

For the first playblast in this set (#4) I wanted to be sure the bed and window were visible, playblast #5 focused on the bathroom/bathroom doorway, and the final playblast of this set (#6) focused on the room as a whole. The final playblast I wanted to make the viewer sit in the lower, back corner of the room, my aim was to make the room feel unsettling and that the viewer was trapped and exposed.

#4

#5

#6

I also decided to do a full render just to see how the set was looking. I noticed that the main doorway was in shadow since the four main lights aren't that close to that back wall, so I've added in an additional light. I'm going to need to be cautious of how many lights I have and use, since I don't want the render times to be too crazy. I suspect some of the close up shots of the objects, though, I could turn off some of the lights. Once I have my pre-vis together, I'll spend some more time considering my lights and how I light my set.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this space, Dee - and I think that big establishing shot is important to orientating the viewer and situating this series of encounters.

    ReplyDelete