Sunday 14 January 2018

Personal Work: Olivier de Sagazan Digital Painting - Gareth Pugh S/S 18

Recently I've been trying to allow myself some time to draw and paint for fun. Due to how Dysmorphia, YPGTTO, and When has worked out, I haven't had much time or reason to draw. I'm trying my best to give myself some time to do this, because I enjoy it and I don't want to get too rusty. I tried my best to just have fun and not stress or obsess over making everything perfect. I've come to enjoy a more painterly style I think, I don't feel the need to smooth out everything (when I paint for myself at least). I like how it it feels more expressive, to me it's more 'meaningful' in a way. 



I decided to do a painting of Olivier de Sagazan again...I really enjoy painting him because of the interesting poses he takes, the way the light shines off of the clay, and the colours of the clay/paints that he uses. In general I find him a very interesting artist to watch. I decided to paint a still from the Gareth Pugh S/S 18 video rather than Transfiguration this time (the frame I painted was around 4:35). I started off with a pen sketch I made a few weeks ago, and built on top of it. I really enjoyed working on this and I hope I can make sure I give myself time to paint and draw for fun in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment