Wednesday 11 November 2015

What If Metropolis: Tweaking and Experimenting with Colour/Shapes

Since I liked this design, I decided to do some tweaking and refining on one of them to see how it would turn out. I thought the original looked too flat, so I did some changes on the support/cages on the side of the buildings so they look more rounded vs 2D planks. I also experimented with different window shapes (although my original long narrow oval shapes are still my favourite I think) and different shades of purple...some being more red/pink while others are more blueish. I think they might be too vibrant, so next time I might try dulling them down a little. Out of the three coloured images, I prefer the left one, I quite like the middle one, but I think the right one reminds me too much of my Argia design (but that could just be my imagination). Feedback would be appreciated.

Before (left) and After (right)...they are black and white on purpose to focus on tone and form to ensure it looks less 2D.

(I've only used a Gradient Map on these, so there will be more variation in colour later on.)

No comments:

Post a Comment