Monday 23 April 2018

Major Project: Edit 002

Here is my second edit for my film. I'm trying to create a final edit as fast as I can so my music composer can re-adjust the music he's created for the film so the timing is right. I want to give him enough time to re-write parts if needed and to give me time to really focus on VFX and sound design especially in regards to the whispers. Some changes I made to this edit include:
  •  The removal of the line when I see hospitals I see ghouls.
  • New footage for the lines when I think of my family I see scars and being Anorexic is rotting.
  • Disordered whispers added to the opening sequence (may move later on as it's a test).
  • The gem scene has been extended and voiceover moved to make room for disordered whispers.
  • Voiceover for certain shots moved so they begin before the shot begins.
  • Shots overall have been adjusted - for example an shot was moved to add more space between when I see jello I see vomit and when I see pancakes I see my grandfather.
  • For the line when I see other people's bodies I see rejection a black screen cuts into the film. A louder ringing noise will be added later on as it will cut out audio too.
  • Some transitions have changed, but this can still be adjusted later on.
  • Room shot 006 (third shot of the edit - the one right before pufferfish) has been adjusted/re-rendered.
  • The brick shot in the beginning of the film has been removed so the first few shots of the film focus on the room rather than the bricks.
  • Some shots have been shortened slightly to keep the duration as close to 7 minutes as possible.
  • This version contains re-composited footage so colour correction is more consistent and the vignette, film grain, and edge blurring can be added overtop the whole film so it's cohesive (added on very roughly at the moment). 
I'm happy with how this is turning out, although I am obviously ready to make more adjustments if needed. Once the shots and voiceover are at a point where positions/durations are locked down, I'll be able to hand an edit off to my composer for final music which I'm very excited about. The glitch effects, transitions and other VFX can continue to be adjusted for the most part and the voiceover will still have some wiggle room with timing. 

2 comments: