Tuesday 17 April 2018

Major Project: 'Scars' & 'Rotting' Test Renders #2 & Scene Cleanup

I've continued tweaking these two shots and I'm happier with where they are at now. For 'scars' I decided to start out with the bricks even less displaced than they are in most room shots. Normally they are at their flattest at a 0.150 displacement value but for this shot I set it to 0.100 just so there was a more noticeable change to the surface as the bricks move. I also changed the animation curve slightly to adjust the timing.

Scars Test Render 004


For 'rotting' I decided to keep the displacement map animation very subtle because the more obvious change didn't look right to me. It is hard to see in the test since it's low quality, but I think it'll be more visible in the final render.  I also adjusted the specularity and coat settings a little more so it looks more wet and slimy.

Rotting Test Render 003 (Pt. 1)

Rotting Test Render 003 (Pt. 2)


I've also spent some time cleaning up the renders now that I'm happy with the animation. The brick shot wasn't too complex to figure out since it's essentially the same settings as my other room shots. For the meat, however, I wasn't sure if I wanted to set the subsurface samples to 4 or 5. I tested out a few frames and determined that the difference between the two were very minor, but setting the samples to 5 doubled the render time so it wasn't worth it.





No comments:

Post a Comment