Monday 2 April 2018

Major Project: Live Action Re-Filming #5

After a new room shot finished rendering I decided to spend some more time experimenting with re-filming my live action footage. I think my previous experiments really helped me figure out how to make it look better, I found that ensuring that part of the screen is somewhat shadowed really makes the screen feel more 3D. I worked more on the footage for my grandfather and I think results are much more successful than my previous tests.

#16

#17

Since putting together an updated pre-vis I have a better idea of which live action clips I'm going to be using. I need to remember to film my own shot for jello, but all of the other clips I think I have footage for. I did a few tests for 'sugar' using a film my sister took of some Christmas cookies she made - my family would always make tons of cookies and we often put coloured sugar sprinkles on the top of them. Since she filmed this shot on her iPhone it gave me the opportunity to film from the top/bottom of the screen rather than the sides which I think will give a nice variation.

#18

#19
#20

I'm happier overall with how these are coming out. I like #17, #18, #20, and #22 the most out of this group of tests. I'm still trying to keep in mind that some of these are meant to be more positive portions of my film and shouldn't be too fragmented or distorted.

#21
#22








1 comment: