Monday 16 April 2018

Major Project: 'Scars' & 'Rotting' Test Renders

Some of my feedback for my first edit revolved around the lines when I think of my family I see scars and being Anorexic is rotting. For the line about scars, it was suggested that I film a shot focusing on the bricks distorting contracting to represent scars without being too explicit yet more relevant than a full room shot.

I liked this idea, and I spent a while moving my camera around the scene and rendering frames until I found a portion of the bricks that had more damage and weathering because I thought that would also get the idea across better than some of the cleaner bricks. As I've mentioned previously, the displacement maps move the geometry around in a way I cannot really preview in the viewport, so I decided to render out some quick tests so I can better see the results and to ensure the camera did not go through the geometry.

When I think of my family I see scars.
Scars Test 001
Scars Test 002
Scar Test 003

It was also recommended that I use my meat entity once again for the line about rotting. I decided for this shot that the camera would be much closer to the orb, as it is meant to be hostile. I've also changed some of the settings from when the audience last sees the meat orb so it is more shiny and greenish - hopefully appearing more rotten than it was previously. I'm also playing with animating the displacement map slightly, but I'm still working on this to see what results I can get.

Rotting Test 001 (Pt. 1)

Rotting Test 001 (Pt. 2)

Rotting Test 002




1 comment:

  1. yes, those close-ups are suitably grim! & yes, those brick shots are going to be much more powerful now I think.

    ReplyDelete