Tuesday 24 January 2017

Autodesk Mudbox: Importing & Exporting

Today we learned a bit more about importing and exporting files to and from Mudbox. Todays tutorial was a bit of a struggle, not because of the content we were learning but because Mudbox continuously crashed which made it difficult to make progress and follow along with the lesson. Despite this, I did my best to do some quick sculpting and painting so I could try exporting back into Maya and exporting/importing files with Photoshop. I didn't run into any problems with that and I was able to get a barcode onto my robot using Photoshop, although it came in slanted and I didn't have time to fiddle around with it too much. I found this lesson as useful as I could considering how slow Mudbox was being. I struggle a lot with getting things to look smoothed out or to create even, hard edges but I'm hoping I'll get the hang of it as I practice. I also wonder if ZBrush would be better for this and if it'd be worth seeing if there is a trial or something so I can give it a try. I've also exported the robot as a turnaround just so I could see how that works.


No comments:

Post a Comment