Sunday 2 April 2017

Maya Pipeline 1: Facial Rigging Pt. 1 - Creating a Flexible Mouth Rig II (Part 4)

For this tutorial I skinned the remaining joints onto the head. First, everything had to be weighted to the base head joint, then each edge was assigned 100% to a specific joint (some joints had two edges weighted 100%). After that the weights were then blended according to the distance the edge was from one joint to another, then they were mirrored to the other side of the model. I think it came out well, I was nervous about this at first since my model obviously wasn't the same as the one in the tutorial so I had to determine if the weights were right or not, but I think I got the hang of it. I can also go back later on if I need/want to fix or refine anything.



No comments:

Post a Comment