Sunday 9 April 2017

Adaptation B: Body Variations #3 (Flare Deformer)

After getting some feedback on my previous body variations I decided to try using a deformer on my model, similar to an early test I did on a sphere. This time I chose to use a Flare deformer, and my initial results were pretty crazy when I plugged in the Audio Wave node. To tone it down a little bit, I added a Multiply Divide node and multiplied it by various values until I got something that was less out of control. I got some very strange results, some of them remind me of artwork by Alberto Giacometti so I found that interesting since I'm a big fan of his art. I'm currently rendering out an animation to see what it looks like moving, but here are some still renders I took of various stages of the animation on the model. I think I'm going to play around with a few other values for the Multiply Divide node, some other deformers, and combining animation on joints along with the deformer to see what strange results I get.







3 comments:

  1. These are interesting and start to express very different feelings - there's a real melancholy to some of these...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I agree...I really like these renders. To me they match more with the whole idea of 'body dysmorphia' more so than the other ones since they are more morphed rather than broken. I especially like how the attention is on the torso rather than the head or lower down in the legs.

      Delete