Thursday 13 April 2017

Adaptation B: Body Variations #5 (Lattice)

After trying out the different Nonlinear Deformers, I chose to try animating a Lattice.  I wasn't sure how to do this at first since I'd need to connect the lattice points to move/scale the model using the Audio Wave node. To do this, I selected the points in the different divisions of the Lattice and made clusters. I then connected that cluster to a NURBS circle so it would be easier to select. I then found five different audio clips of things that make me stressed such as the National Weather Service alarm, crowds of people, the sound of raw meat, and a few others. I then connected each one of these into their own nodes and connected them all up to different Multiply Divide nodes so I could somewhat control the results so the model didn't become completely unrecognisable.





I really like the results of this, not necessarily in terms of how it looks but because each sound has a different effect on different parts of the body. I can control it somewhat so it either makes the body part bigger or smaller, but how it moves when animated is not up to me. I think this is a good direction to go in and I think adding in more divisions to the lattice and more sound effects while also moving/animating the joints could be an interesting. I'm currently rendering out an animation of this so I can show how the different sound effects morph the model.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Dee - Take a look at the link below.

    http://ucarochester-cgartsandanimation.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/the-supplement-3d-sculpting-in-virtual.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you! Those videos look very interesting...I'd love the chance to try sculpting in Virtual Reality one day. But I do also think that learning how to do it traditionally is important too. Similarly to how I think drawing traditionally helps a lot with painting digitally.

      Delete