Sunday, 5 March 2017

Adaptation B: Audio Wave Node Test #5

For this test I wanted to try making some hairs or tentacles that moved according the the audio in the Audio Wave Node (again I just chose a random royalty free song). I didn't spend too long customising the hairs or seeing if I could add more hairs since I just wanted to see what I could do first. It took me a while to figure out how to get the audio to drive any sort of animation. At first I tried removing gravity and connecting the output to the turbulence but that didn't seem to make much of a difference. I also tried attaching it directly to the gravity, but it just made the tentacles fly up into the air so I then chose to try connecting it to the wind speed, direction, and noise. This seemed to work better, although it is very subtly making changes to the movement of the tentacles since there is also gravity (not connected to audio) it is not as directly noticeable but I think this outcome is interesting.

1 comment: