Wednesday 15 March 2017

Maya Lighting & Rendering 2: Mental Ray Part 6 - Mia Material X Shader

This tutorial introduced the Mia Material X Shader which is similar to the Blinn Shader but has more settings for added control and detail. I liked the results of this shader in regards to the presents because of how realistic it looks and how simple it was to create in comparison to messing around with the settings of a Blinn. It also takes less rendering time than a Blinn because the Mia Material X shader is made specifically for Mental Ray while a Blinn is a Maya shader, so I think this could be useful in the future. I think I might use this shader on some of the models that I've been animation for Adaptation B just to see what it would look like. It might also be useful to be able to have two bump maps plugged in because perhaps I could animate each of them differently just to see what results I'd get.



No comments:

Post a Comment