Thursday 9 March 2017

Adaptation B: Influence Map #4

Since it's been a while since I made an influence map and my idea has changed quite a bit, I thought it'd be a good idea to make a new one. I took the suggestion of looking at instillation art to see how objects become uncanny when they are in large groups such as Antony Gormley's Field, a large mass made of little terracotta sculptures. I also looked at the Terracotta Army, Alberto Giacometti, Choi Xooang, Marcy Milks, Cai Guo-Qiang and a few other pieces and artists I thought may be relevant.

I plan on working more on my randomly animated figures soon and I've also tried to think of a possible title for my project. Someone suggested naming it something like 'Body_Test#' since I have been using that system to name my tests in Maya files. It also can represent the detachment from the human body that some people may have with body dysmorphia and uses the sort of language used within Maya to label things so it feels somewhat automated if that makes sense. Once I have some more broken figures I may look into how I can randomly generate/place them in a scene and then see if I can figure out how I can make that scene for VR, even if it is just using Sketchfab for this test but I'd like to try and figure out how to use Unity (or attempt to).

No comments:

Post a Comment