Sunday 11 March 2018

Major Project: Bone & Skin Animation Tests & Brick Shot Playblast

I've been working on some more shots that I'd like to set up to render soon. I returned to the vertebrae shot, and made a few adjustments to the height of the texture as well as the duration of the scene. I increased it slightly, so I have more footage and flexibility with editing. For the displacement map, I have a very subtle animation where the layers/spikes of bone extend closer to the camera as the animation progresses. I only wanted this to be subtle, but I think I should return to it and try making it a little bit more noticeable than it is now. 



I also went back to my skin orb and brought it into my final scene. I struggled a lot with lighting it to get the results that I wanted and I'm not quite sure if I'm 100% happy with it just yet. I do really like the camera animation for this shot and I feel that it gives me some useful extra footage of the room/bricks.

I need to go back and adjust the displacement map animation, but I'm debating about swapping this orb with my 'bleach' orb because I'm wondering if the position of the orb why I struggled to light it. I did want the skin to be in the corner, looking as thought it was hyperventilating but perhaps this made it too limited with lighting and shadows. I'll try moving the orb to another part of the room to see if I can improve it...in which case I'll keep this camera animation but swap the orb with another one. 


I also created an additional shot of just the bricks as I was playing around with camera animation. This is just a playblast, but will feature the animated bricks as the camera moves across the surface.  

No comments:

Post a Comment