Sunday 18 March 2018

Major Project: 'Bees' Composite & Rendering Sheet Update

I've been using two of my computers at home to render the shot for bees. Since I felt it was a shot that could easily go wrong I wanted to be able to supervise it more. I'm really happy with how it turned out, especially when effects like motion blur are added to it. I'm relieved this shot came out alright and that I can now move onto rendering the snow scene at home.




I'm not 100% sure what I want to do for the snow as I have particles in Maya that I used previously (camera animation and duration has since been altered) but I know how to make snowfall in After Effects as well. I plan on rendering the snow and the room separately so I have the option to do either or both. 

  

I've also been routinely updating my rendering chart to have a better idea of what I have managed to accomplish over the last few weeks and what is still left to be done in terms of rendering. I didn't realise how many shots I've managed to render out so I'm quite happy with that. I think the next shot I'm going to focus on is silk since I already have the animation locked down I just need to create the final texture for the silk itself. That shot also has a lot of frames so I'd like to get it set up to go as soon as I can. I'll then probably focus on pufferfish and then finally the soap bubbles.


Once I have all of these shots all sorted I'm going to be working on some experiments with bringing my live action film into Maya for re-filming. I'm guessing/hoping this wouldn't take too long to render. I then also look forward to playing with VFX and some sound design.

1 comment:

  1. yep - the bee shots look great - love the fizzing intensity in the final moments- looking forward very much to the sound design for this sequence!

    ReplyDelete