Tuesday 6 March 2018

Major Project: Scene Cleanup & Texturing / Lighting Tweaks #6

Today I worked on cleaning up my opening/closing shot. I don't have 'before and after' images for this shot since I simply imported the camera into a scene I previously cleaned up and adjusted the lights for in order to save time. I did, however, need to do several render tests since this scene is quite long and I wanted to be sure the renders looked correct throughout the shot.

I struggled to get the bricks to look right in this shot simply because the majority of the room is visible, making it hard for me to arrange the UV's so I can have one wall with seams but I got there in the end. I'm currently rendering out a low quality test so I can get a general idea of what the lighting is doing to ensure that is working the way that I want.



I also went into my static scene to try and clean up the mesh light and see how that shot would work with brighter lights overall. It's still in progress, but these are the changes I have made so far. I'm also rendering out a low quality test of this to see how the mesh light, which has lower exposure so it's not flashing so much, is working with the brighter ceiling lights. It is hard to see that there is a mesh light in the 'cleaned' render below since I only took one render for now...other frames the brightness would vary




For now I also didn't include the actual orb since it is rendered out as a Surface Shader and the static is composited on top in After Effects. I'm focusing on cleaning up the Maya file so I didn't bother adding the static orb just yet, but I will when I'm finalising the shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment