Tuesday 20 March 2018

Major Project: Pufferfish Animation Render Test #1-2 & Scene Cleanup

As mentioned yesterday, I set up a test render for my pufferfish. Even though the displacement map on the pufferfish was animated, I couldn't really see it but I like how the animation looks overall. I don't think the displacement map necessarily needs to be animated in this shot especially since I plan on using depth of field blurring. 



I had a feeling I'd need to play around with the lighting, so after seeing the initial test render I added an extra light so the pufferfish looked less green - the reason it is like this is because I have the subsurface scale of the pufferfish set quite high. I want it to appear kind of 'transparent' or thin-skinned, hence why I set it higher than I normally would. The renders below show what it looks like at full samples and with the additional light that is set to affect only the subsurface scattering on the pufferfish. I don't mind some of the blueish tint it still has as it makes it feel alien....I'll also be able to tone the colour down in After Effects.




I'm happy with the results I was getting in renders, so I've set it up to render in the university. Again, I'm trying to do everything early so if I do choose to change things around then I have time to do so. I also set up a depth pass for this shot so I can play around with blurring.



No comments:

Post a Comment