Monday 19 March 2018

Major Project: Bleach & Vertebrae

Over the weekend my bleach and vertebrae shots finished rendering. I'm really happy how they both look, although for bleach the raw render came out very yellow compared to my previous renders. I'm not quite sure why that happened, but luckily this shot is essentially in grey-scale so it made colour correcting easier. I'm happy how this animation came out, I was trying to go for a sort of 'boiling' feel to it and I think I achieved that to a certain degree.



I'm also really happy I spent that extra time animating the displacement map of the vertebrae. I think the subtle growth of the bone plates adds a nice detail to the entity. For this particular shot I rendered the depth pass out as EXR files to ensure I had more flexibility and it seemed to work well. 


3 comments: