Sunday 4 March 2018

Major Project: Opening/Closing Shot Update & Pufferfish Texture Export

I decided to return to my opening/closing shot today so I could tweak it. This shot is quite long and shows the majority of the room, so there are a lot of frames and no room to delete lights...so I want to get it prepped to render as soon as possible.

 I wanted the camera to focus on the bricks for longer before eventually revealing the entire room. I didn't want to rush this shot, which I was unintentionally doing when I initially set it up for my pre-vis as I was worried about my film's duration. I think it is important to have this shot be slow, to allow the audience to become established within the space. I feel that this shot is much improved, although I'll need to do some render tests since this is just a playblast I made in Mental Ray. I need to check to be sure the screen is mostly white (I can white it out more in AE if needed) in the beginning and be sure that the camera doesn't slip behind the back wall since sometimes the camera looks fine in the viewport but renders pure black (when the camera slips behind the geometry).


I also returned to my pufferfish texture. I didn't make many changes within Substance Painter, but I exported the maps into Photoshop for now because I want to see what I can do with it as it is. I think just adding some additional displacement/bump maps and playing with subsurface scattering will improve the appearance of this texture, but I have to test it out to be sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment