Wednesday 14 March 2018

Major Project: Skin Animation Tests #4-6

Like the sponge, I've continued to struggle to get the skin animation to my liking. I'm not sure if I'm just being extremely nit-picky because I've been staring at my work a lot for the last few days but since I have time and a lot of computers already rendering I don't feel the need to rush this shot out.

I struggled to find a balance between having a subtle breath animation on the orb and having the camera focus on the skin's bumps for long enough. It's hard to determine how much the orb fills the frame since displacement maps change the scale of the orb slightly. I feel I am getting closer although after test #5, I essentially removed the focal length animation which I've been using in most of my shots to create a day-dreamy distorted feel. I don't need this effect in every shot, but it's something to note.





I hope this shot is still feeling 'floaty' enough, I do feel that I'm getting closer to what I want - #6 being the closest but I still want to try a few more tweaks. I think some of the problem may be that it is so grainy (to keep render times low for testing) it's making it hard for me to see what is going on with the displacement map. I may just commit to a shot soon and render it knowing it may be one of the shots I want to re-render later on if I'm not completely happy with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment